PHX Startup Week 2022: 10 Reasons to Join Us April 25th – April 29th
With millions of Americans starting companies during the last two years, the need to support small businesses and entrepreneurs is at an all-time high which makes events like PHX Startup Week more vital than ever. As a committed member of the Valley’s entrepreneurship ecosystem with board service on Social Venture Partners Arizona, SEED Spot, and the Co+Hoots Foundation, I know firsthand the power that meaningful programming can have on venture success. As a previous speaker and supporter of PHX Startup Week, I decided to elevate my involvement in 2022 knowing that this year is a pivotal point for the Valley where it’s been an eye-opening, insightful, and often-times inspiring journey planning, curating, and promoting the impactful days coming in late April. Recently, Forbes identified the 5 Things Entrepreneurs Can Do To Be More Successful, and as you might imagine, these tips (and more) are all part of the Startup Week agenda. With that, I wanted to share 10 reasons why you should attend, support, and engage with PHX Startup Week 2022, including:
- Gatherings Are Back – People are social creatures and if the first few months of Phoenix events in 2022 are any indication of overall sentiment and appetite for being together in-person, the message is clear: many are craving to be back together. With hybrid programming we have something for everyone’s comfort level but if you want to engage shoulder to shoulder, then make sure you join us and gather in person.
- Location, Location, Location – This year, in partnership with the Edson Entrepreneurship + Innovation Institute at ASU, we are hosting Startup Week at 850 PBC located right in the heart of downtown Phoenix. With gorgeous architecture and innovative design, the building itself is a destination and the perfect venue to host like-minded entrepreneurship advocates. To get you excited, check it out here: 850 PBC. To accommodate those who can’t make it downtown, we have also partnered with Co+Hoots, AZ Cowork, Industrious, and Ignite at Better Business Bureau for watch parties – promoting camaraderie city-wide.
- Remarkable Speakers – From Valley venture veterans like Heidi Jannenga (WebPT), Rebecca Clyde (Botco.ai), and Chris Ronzio (Trainual) to newcomers like Doris Huang (evolvedMD), Jasmine Mobley (Beauty of the Nile), and Matt Johnson (GitKraken), the caliber of speakers this year is unmatched. Check out all of the amazing individuals involved: 2022 Speakers – PHX Startup Week 2022.
- Timely and Actionable Content – With input from entrepreneurs and founders, we have a curated curriculum and developed an agenda with content we believe will be both informative and inspiring. With boundless “how to” sessions on scaling, building an authentic brand, fundraising, and retaining talent – attendees will leave with an actionable toolkit to take back to their ventures. Check out all of the programming here: 2022 Agenda – PHX Startup Week 2022
- Diverse Voices – Our most diverse Startup Week yet, we are proud of how intentional and thoughtful we were in selecting and elevating voices from minoritized and underserved communities. Diverse in programming too, we are looking forward to sharing vulnerable stories on pitfalls and failures coupled with successes from SaaS startups to Main Street small businesses.
- Showcasing Why AZ is The Place to Be – PHX Startup Week applauds itself for being Arizona’s largest entrepreneurial event and a wonderful opportunity and outlet for Arizona pride. With Phoenix recently named one of the top startup cities in the nation, it’s exciting to both highlight homegrown ventures and welcome entrepreneurs from out of state who have embraced the Valley. Arizona Commerce Authority and StartupAZ will both host panels to give the audience a debrief on why Arizona is the best for business.
- Passionate Practitioners Nationwide – Attracting top talent from around the country is something Arizona is known for so it should be no surprise that we have some great speakers streaming in from both coasts and everywhere in between to lend a national perspective to our ever-important local work.
- Make Connections – Networking is a powerful way to build credibility, meet champions, and find peer support for new and seasoned entrepreneurs alike. PHX Startup Week is a wonderful avenue to network both in person or online and attendees will make meaningful connections that will undoubtedly drive clarity and community.
- Build Community – One of the most engaged entrepreneurial communities in the country, PHX Startup Week is excited to bring together founders, companies, media, and champions to further foster deep relationships to elevate the community at large. Designed to leverage content and connection to provide a world-class experience for everyone, we know that this week will make the ecosystem stronger and better positioned for success. Committed to elevating entrepreneurs and building community, check out this year’s sponsors and supporters: 2022 Sponsors – PHX Startup Week 2022
- True Impact on Entrepreneurs – To sum up what this could mean for you, one Valley founder told us: “PHX Startup Week helped guide us in making a crucial decision in our business.” Enough said.
Putting together #PHXStartupWeek is a collaborative effort and is brought to you by a very committed committee of entrepreneurship enthusiasts including Kate Rogers Sieker, Chelsea Wolff, Jazmine Cole, Eddie Herdemian, Vincent Orleck, Nick Hammond, and Kalani Fo. When you see them that week – please offer your appreciation.
Hopefully you understand how much this week means for Arizona ventures, founders, and champions and will join us by purchasing a ticket for in-person or virtual at phxstartupweek.com.
See you there!
About Sentari Minor
Sentari Minor is most passionate about bringing the best out of individuals and entities. His love languages are strategy, storytelling, and social impact. As Head of Strategy for evolvedMD, Mr. Minor is at the forefront of healthcare innovation with a scope of work that includes strategy, corporate development, growth, branding, culture, and coaching. Prior to evolvedMD, he worked with some of the Nation’s most prominent and curious CEOs and entrepreneurs advising on philanthropy, policy, and everything social good as Regional Director of Alder (formerly Gen Next) [PHX + DAL + SFO] and strengthened social enterprises as Director at venture philanthropy firm, Social Venture Partners.