This post was contributed by Dan Tyre.
At PHX Startup Week of course.
What are you doing the week of February 22-26, 2016?
If you are in PHX, or if you are a student, an experienced entrepreneur, investor, leader or just like hanging out with super bright, motivated overachievers we welcome you to PHX Startup Week and we need your help.
What is PHX Startup Week?
PHX Startup Week, started by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs, is a week-long, Valley-wide showcase and celebration of Arizona’s entrepreneur community. Started in 2015, our shared mission is to serve current and future Arizona entrepreneurs with quality content and meaningful connections. Held annually, this year’s event is scheduled for Monday, February 22 through Friday, February 26
Why is it important?
Phoenix is quickly shedding its tarnished image as a staid, real estate and travel and leisure oriented economy and is embracing the culture, pace, dynamics of a world class, diverse startup metropolitan area. Phoenix, Tempe, Chandler, Mesa, Scottsdale, and surrounding communities are working together to support companies that are looking or a great business environment to grow. Government, local businesses, investors, mentors, local education intuitions are working hard to attract, nurture and grow our local companies scale.
If you’re thinking of starting a company, you can find out how to vet out your ideas.
If you are involved in a startup, you can share best practices with other startups and learn from experienced entrepreneurs regarding their stories.
You can meet and connect with people who might be able to help.
If you just want to see the progress the PHX-area startup scene has made, you can connect with dozens of likeminded people.
There are multiple specialty tracks that can help solve specific issues from mastering your marketing, securing investment, building your sales funnel, and creating a solid business foundation.
What I learned from last year?
I spoke last year and it was a blast. Three things I learned speaking in 2015:
- This is a first class event with great content and a cool vibe. – I was blown away when I met AZ Treasurer Jeff Dewitt (put twitter handle here) who took time to talk with me and other participants about his personal background and why state government supports this community
- Great people management and crowd control. – I work a lot of events, but last year, we had good attendance, crowd control, without a lot of lines, hassle or delays. The events went off professionally, effectively with a lot of fun
- Good beer – Move over San Diego, AZ has a ton of great brew masters that are popping up to fuel start up nation
What we need from you. Here is our call to action:
- Please come out and support the event with your attendance.
- We need volunteer to help work the event.
- We need bloggers, speakers and mentors to help scale. – If you are interesting in participating in any capacity (all unpaid) please email email@example.com.
We are looking at attracting 6,000 attendees this year. All eyes will be on AZ as the focus for US entrepreneurial action. Please join us, have a blast and support “the most generous entrepreneurial ecosystem in the world” at PHX Start Up Week.